Sunday, January 31, 2010

To plan or not to plan…

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans that I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."

For someone who’s been given a high degree of vision, not planning is a challenge. To plan is to be prepared I’ve always thought.

If I am the builder and not the architect, though, I just take the plans handed to me and fulfill them with my hands. I do not change measurements or re-design. After all, my Architect never makes mistakes.

I simply and faithfully follow the blueprint. If questions arise - and inevitably, they do - I humbly go to the Master Designer, and ask for the assurance I need. Surely He knows the plans inside and out and can encourage my heart to trust His wisdom.

1 comment: